Halloween favorite recipe for kids
If you are looking for a fun dessert for your kids this Halloween, or for your grownup party too, here’s a crowd pleaser that everyone will love using the exotic green bamboo rice that all the foodies are raving about. Say hello to green bamboo rice pudding recipe for Halloween. (You can buy organic green bamboo rice here.)
There are options in the recipe to gourmet it up for the adults if you are serving it as an adult dessert for grownup dress up. Or mix and match. But the organic green bamboo rice brings an authentic feel of the elevated dessert and the green is organic from the bamboo plant and makes the rice actually good for you.
You also might add some Madagascar bourbon vanilla beans for that extra flavored wow factor for this All Hallows Eve green bamboo rice pudding recipe.
- Combine 1 ½ cups water
- ¾ cups organic green bamboo rice
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2cans of evaporated milk (lowfat optional)
- 6 tbsp granulated cane sugar (or table sugar)
- ½ tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 large egg (or 2 small)
- Raspberry or strawberry dessert sauce, to taste and effect
- 1 cup grated chocolate bar (or chocolate truffles) - Butterfinger, Score bar or Baby Ruth are fun options.
- Combine 1½ cups water, ¾ cups organic green bamboo rice (the light green color makes it ghastly looking) and ½ tsp salt in a medium saucepan.
- Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to low and cover.
- Cook for about 10 minutes or until most of liquid is boiled off.
- Add 2 cans of evaporated milk and 6 tbsp of granulated cane sugar as well as ½ tsp of ground cinnamon.
- Stir well.
- Bring to a boil and then reduce heat to medium-low.
- Cook,uncovered but be sure to stir occasionally for 25 minutes until a creamy texture is achieved.
- Stir in a small portion of green bamboo rice mixture (prepared above) into 1 beaten egg (1 large or 2 small).
- Rice mixture back and then be sure to mix well.
- Bring to a boil.
- Cook for 1 to 2 minutes stirring frequently and stir in Madagascar bourbon vanilla elixir (scrape contents of 1 opened bean).
- Transfer pudding to a seasonally appropriate serving bowl or eight individual bowls.
- Serve warm or cover with plastic wrap and press wrap onto the pudding to prevent a skin from forming.
- Refrigerate for 2 hours or until cold.
- Before serving drizzle with rapsberry "blood" sauce - or substitute strawberry desert sauce for "blood effect".
- Sprinkle with chopped Butterfinger, Crunch or Baby Ruth Fun-Size Candy Bars or other crumbled chocolate bar.
- (For decadence grate chocolate truffles or other high-quality chocolate.)
- Substitute vanilla extract for beans if needed